Cheating the Ferryman, Is there Life After Death, The Daemon.

This is the forum for all who are interested in the theory of what may happen to consciousness at the point of death as explained in the books 'Is There Life After Death - The Extraordinary Science Of What Happens When You Die' and The Daemon.

The Hypnagogic Light Experience

Neurology is the study of the way in which the brain works. CTF/ITLAD suggests that within the structures of the brain - the neurons, the microtubules and the neurotransmitters - may be found the answer to the ultimate question - What happens to human consciousness at the point of death?

The Hypnagogic Light Experience

Postby Anthony Peake » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:20 pm

You guys may be interested to know that at the end of September I will be travelling over to Geneva, Switzerland to discuss a fascinating new application of light that may stimulate direct hypnogogic experiences.

I have been invited over by the NDE researcher Evelyn Elsaesser-Valarino. Her friend clinical psychologist Dr. Engelbert Winkler and his associate, neurologist Dr. Dirk Proeckl will be travelling over from Austria to show me something they call the Lucid-Light Stimulator. It is claimed that this machine stimulates the pineal gland in the brain to release the powerfully hallucinatory neurotransmitter DMT (Dimethyltryptamine, a psychedelic tryptamine) into the neuronal networks within the brain. As I will be discussing in my forthcoming book it has recently been discovered that this substance is generated within the brain itself and as such it is a natural element of the workings of the brain itself. DMT "hallucinations" are therefore "natural" in the sense that we have evolved a way to generate this substance as an an endogenous ligand for the sigma-1 receptor. This is of profound significance for ITLAD/CTF because it is also known that DMT may also be responsible for the "glutamate flood" so crucial to the generation of the Bohmian IMAX.

Words cannot express how excited I am about this development. Indeed we will be joined by fellow FORUM member Dr. Art Funkhouser who is also intrigued by the implications of this substance. I am informed by Evelyn that Dr. Winkler is fascinated by my work and is keen to discuss the implications of ITLAD/CTF in relation to his breakthrough.

I am hoping to discuss this with DMT expert Dr. Rick Strassman next week. I am looking forward to his opinions on this process.

For anybody interested Dr. Winkler's website can be found at:

http://www.gesund-im-licht.at/
Last edited by Anthony Peake on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony Peake

Re: The Hypnagogic Light Experience

Postby Anthony Peake » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:27 pm

This is a description of the process as taken from the HLE website:

The development of the HYPNAGOGIC LIGHT EXPERIENCE

The realization that near-death experiences can improve health or trigger spontaneous healing motivated the idea of “tapping” into this beneficial potential. In the process, it quickly became clear that even being confronted with these experiences can have a verifiable impact. The reading of protocols of near-death experiences to suicidal persons in the context of “bibliotherapy” revealed a strong anti-suicidal cause-effect relation. The weakening of the suicidal impulse that resulted from consistently positive descriptions of the borderline between life and death became known in the 1980s as a paradoxical effect of the closeness to death.

Fundamental changes in attitude ensue. Concerned persons often speak about a return to the essential. Even illness and suffering become illuminated with meaning. The therapeutic effect of the light experience is due to the stabilization of self-worth, since psychological impairment often goes hand in hand with low self esteem.

In the framework of the Elias project clients were exposed to authentic descriptions of near-death experiences. As a result, therapy processes could be shortened considerably and satisfactory results were achieved even in seemingly hopeless cases (for methodology, therapeutic materials and cases see “The Occidental Book Of Death And Dying” by Dr. Engelbert Winkler). Here, the focussing on the light experience considerably enhanced the effect, which led to the question whether it might be possible to further enhance the effect by simulating this experience. Taking advantage of the fact that key functional areas of the brain do not differentiate between imagination and real occurrences, Dr Engelbert Winkler and Dr Dirk Prockl started working with external sources of light. At the same time, extensive fundamental research was conducted, the results of which can be summarized as follows:

•The pineal gland of the brain serves, among others, to perceive brightness through closed eyelids. In death, it secretes Dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT is also the central active substance in a South American plant known as “liana of death”. Indigenous healers claim that by consuming the plant they can reach a dimension of light where all healing starts. In the context of comprehensive research, Rick Strassmann (DMT – The Spirit Molecule, 2001) was able to prove that a massive release of DMT from the pineal gland is to be regarded as the neurological cause of near-death experiences. DMT is secreted directly into the liquor (brain fluid) and can thus reach the receptors in contact with brain fluid even after a cardiac arrest. After application of the corresponding DMT dosis, Strassmann’s test persons repeatedly referred to impressive experiences in a supernatural light which they attributed healing and insight-inducing properties.

•The brain is in a position to activate powers that can heal the body at any stage of illness. This phenomenon is known as spontaneous remission (sudden healing) and the subject of interdisciplinary research projects. Although it is unclear to date how the brain accomplishes this task, the persons concerned often describe sensations of light and warmth which they associate with this.

•For a long time, light has played a central role in the treatment of various illnesses. Whether in the treatment of depression, tumours or compulsive disorders, the range of possible applications seems unlimited.

•At the climax of spiritual experience we again encounter light phenomena.

•Light and consciousness reflect the dual nature of one and the same phenomenon. Light manifests as matter and energy, consciousness as body and mind. And just like light, consciousness stultifies any attempt to lift its secret. Nobody knows the true nature of light or consciousness.
Test series combining different sources of light with hypnosis techniques have yielded astonishing results. Subsequent to their “being in the light”, test persons reported not only the expected enhanced healing effect, but also:

•Standstill of time
•Dissolution in the light
•Contact with the dead
•Out-of-body experience
•Mystical experiences
In all cases an unusual state of deep relaxation could be observed. Unlike with traditional relaxation techniques, the “light relaxation” was characterized by increased alertness (in the EEG). Thus, test persons felt deeply relaxed, energetic and capable already after a first attempt.
Last edited by Anthony Peake on Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony Peake

Re: The Hypnogogic Light Experience

Postby YouAreDreaming » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 am

I checked out the website, and would love to have first-person experience with the device. I have a thread full of hypnogogic images in the neurology forum branch, a nice compliment to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1392

I have even taken the time to quickly throw together a hypnogogic pattern that I see emerging (in a more animated way) that also conveys itself underneath the "bitmap" UVM mapping of a dream showing a triangular mesh. This also gives way to Plato's view of Triangles and how makes up his Universe as in "The Timaeus".

We cannot dismiss the geometry of the Mind as a simple beacon of drug-induced responses rather this is very key in unlocking how our mind is entranced into alternative focus states within the massive multi-dimensional fabric of the Universe. From entrancement to entanglement, we dissolve into hypnogogia to emerge anew into a vivid "reality" be it dream or waking. The portal or stargate of the mind is hypnogogic in nature.

Triangles also create dimensionality in 2D surfaces and create the illusion of 3D. This is both evident in our modern 3D animated software and technologies. Clearly our brains must also utilize a similar mechanics to create the 3D illusion of perception that we have when the mind renders a view of "reality" and creates all the vivid 3D objects. The brain is an effective reality rendering farm.

Here is a triangle lattice that I just colored to show dimensionality with triangles from a 2D surface that forms naturally in Geometry.

In my book that I am writing, I touch on how reality dualism exists between waking physical reality and cognitive reality (the one the mind renders) and to demonstrate the point I use dual triangles.

The [p] is perception and as we focus outward, inward the same data becomes mirrored. In my book I talk about how every conscious observer needs to render a perception of reality and that in such simple diagrams we have a consciousness dipole that very well could be the feedback mechanism for self-realization.

Always interesting and fascinating to think about how triangles, hypnogogia and rendering by the human brain seems to match how our real-world 3D software modeling is also rendered. The triangular hypnogogic mesh has always suggested this to me since my childhood, I've only now started to realize how significant these patterns truly are in relation to how our mind renders reality.
YouAreDreaming

Postby Elew » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:18 pm

I
Last edited by Elew on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elew

Postby Elew » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Okay, now I have looked over their site, and it is pretty fascinating.

It brings up some real questions in me.

What they are describing, they are things I experience. Not only in the times my physical body was to the edge of death, but then many other times too.
It is a healing place, on very many levels...and there is the transitory moment, the inbetween state, where this light and sound can be found and gone into, because it is everywhere. It comes directly from It's source, and comes all around when it is gone into.

To speak about trust, it is the one place I can go into no matter what is happening, and there things become clear. I find that I trust what happens there, more than anything else I have experienced, except for maybe one other. :)

But I have often wondered, how to show other people what this state is, the ways to go into it, and what it is...
What they are speaking about goes far beyond the regular speakings of hypnagogic images I have heard.

My question would be this;
When this technique is applied, is it a stand alone, or is it presented as a stepping stone to being able to access this state in ones self?

I know it would depend entirely on the vibrational state of each individual who goes into it...and that for some, it could become a crutch of sorts. Similar to another drug induced state that has a cap upon it's experience level, because it would still have to be transcended beyond, to reach the places it begins to bring one into.
And that for other individuals they may easily go beyond the light devise itself, further than where it may even be known to go.

But I can see and feel that Dr. Winkler does understand.
I would like to read his book, or speak with him.

The healing that I did, it was also with light and sound. And the inside self, the Daemon, does know about these things.
Elew

Postby YouAreDreaming » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:50 pm

It's nice to know that some of my quick hypnogogic art might be linked to some deja vu Elew :D I think that the BIMAX is a flat surface and made to appear 3D by the stereographic illusion of perception. Speaking of stereographs, here is an autostereograph that has a word in it.

These are classic examples of how the human brain can render data into a coherent 3D image from a 2D surface. Quite impressive how powerful the brain really is.
YouAreDreaming

Postby aloha_gary » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Aloha Tony

does this mean you will become part of the Dr Proeckl Harem?!!?

*eat your heart out Jimmy Tarbuck!*

sorry couldnt resist!

Aloha Gary
Aloha Gary
"Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth" - Ancient Hawaiian Wisdom
aloha_gary

Postby aloha_gary » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

Aloha everyone

to return to the topic...

south american shamen use ayahuasca as an aid to connecting into shamanic reality, which contains DMT, and sadly is therefore banned in the USA.

other plants used in north mexico are Peyote and Psilocybin mushrooms, although I am told these have a slightly different effect, by those who have tried them.

Fascinatingly - the ayahuasca brew requires much work to create - bringing together two unrelated plants, neither of which give psycho active effects on the their own.
When questioned how they discovered this, the shamans were astonished at the stupidity of the question. 'The plant spirits taught us', is their highly plausible answer.

more details here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

this US shaman periodical often contains article using 'teacher-plants'...
http://shamansdrum.org/

Aloha Gary
Aloha Gary
"Effectiveness is the Measure of Truth" - Ancient Hawaiian Wisdom
aloha_gary

Postby Anthony Peake » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Gary,

I am now back home and able to post something not using the rubbish keyboard on my HTC HD2. Modern technology is all well and good but it is not the same as sitting in front of a screen with a real keyboard!

I have to say that when you mentioned the "Proeckl Harem" it was one of the the most amusing comments I have heard in a long while. When I get to Geneva I will try and skip the light fandango (after our discussions today regarding the nature of light a particularly apposite little dance). Unfortunately I am too old for the cartwheels across the floor!

Cheers

Tony
Anthony Peake

Postby Anthony Peake » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:09 pm

The weekend turned out to be more fascinating than I can ever of imagined. After recording a video interview with Dr. Funkhouser (which will be broadcast on Unravelling The Secrets on Sunday 14th of November 2010) I spent fifteen minutes in front of the LL-Stimulator. The machine that was with us in Geneva was called "Lucia No3" and she was a lady who literally blew my mind.

As many of you guys know I have never experienced what is known as an "altered state of consciousness". The nearest to this was the event that took place in Turkey in 1983 (discussed elsewhere). I have had many weird synchronicities and one precognitive dream but that is it. I do have hypnogogic imagery sometimes and, of course, my migraine auras but that is it. Not a lot for 56 years is it? However on Saturday this all changed. After less then three minutes under the Lucia's gaze I was off somewhere else. This place was vividly coloured. Indeed it reminded me of being in the middle of a Kandinsky painting. What was really weird was that after five minutes or so I did not need to be looking directly into thre light for the images to continue. The images were like super hypnogogic images but ones that stayed in my line of vision. Then something really odd happened. It was as if a door had opened in the extreme right of my periphery field of vision. I actually turned my head to look at what was happening and, just like a real scene in normal vision it moved to straight in front of me. It was a huge checkerboard plain running off into the far distance. It consisted of black and white squares getting smaller and smaller as they faded into the distance. Then my eyes started to vibrate violently. This was very disturbing but what happened next really scared me. My whole body went into a full myclonic spasm and i felt myself rising up out of my body and towards the plain. I was convinced that the others in the room would have seen the spasm because I felt my body must Have leapt out of the chair and back down again. I asked Engelbert to switch Lucia off as I was feeling distinctly odd. As he did so the images and the black and white plain disappeared. I was back.

We were filming all this and I was keen to see what it would show with regard to my myclonic jerk. Unfortunately just as I started the sensation Engelbert had accidentally stood in front of the camera and obscured the view. This was most unfortunate because I would then have had my own proof that the jerk was not into space in this location but somewhere else entirely.

Was I about to enter what Robert Monroe called “Locale 3”? I really don’t know but next time I stare into the gorgonesque eye of Lucia I will be prepared.
Anthony Peake

Next

Return to Neurology